EB1 Legal Assistant Course
Welcome to the EB1 Legal Assistant Course. In this course we’re going to explore how to ensure that all of our EB1 clients are well taken care of. To do this, there are a number of qualities you must understand about the client as well as duties that will ensure that each client feels like our only client.
EB1 clients are a unique breed, and by their nature are all high-achieving individuals. With that in mind, EB1 clients expect a very high level of service from those they work with – and that includes us.
As an EB1EB1 Legal Assistant, it will be your job to ensure that the EB1 clients are able to get through the immigration process with as little stress as possible and provide support to the EB1 attorneys in preparing the cases.
About Basic Training
When you first start with the law firm you will need to watch certain key videos full-time for up to a week however, thereafter every employee, unless exempted by the Practice Manager must go through the thorough ongoing Basic Training course so that you can acquire a sound overall level of US Immigration knowledge. Please carve out 30 mins two times per week for part-time and three times per week for full-time to ensure you watch and study every Basic Training video in this series. When you have finished, repeat the process. When you are confident you have mastered these videos we shall arrange for you to be tested accordingly.
Start of Basic Training Videos
Immigration Maze Video Series
The Immigration Maze provides visitors with a ‘whistle stop’ overview of the main visa options. The short series covers Family Immigration options, Education based options, Self-Sponsorship Immigration options and a call to action video. Once visitors benefit from this overview they should feel more confident in checking out other videos we have created for them.
– Immigration Maze Part 1 – Family Immigration
– Immigration Maze Part 2 – Family Immigration
– Immigration Maze Part 3 – Education Immigration
– Immigration Maze Part 4 – Self Sponsorship Base Immigration
– Immigration Maze Part 5 – Taking the Plunge
EB1 Green Card – Alien of Extraordinary Ability – Arts / Business
For aliens who have reached the very top of their profession US Immigration considers them such a benefit to the success of the US economy that upon being confirmed by USCIS as an Alien of Extraordinary Ability they are eligible for a green card, without any employer sponsorship requirements. In other words, most* Aliens of Extraordinary Ability can sponsor themselves into a green card.
*Exceptions being researchers and professors who will need the institution to sponsor them.
The video series below covers those aliens of extraordinary ability in the Arts and Business.
– EB1 Home Page – Find Out if You Qualify Today
– EB1 Green Card – Checklist Summary
– EB1 Green Card – Major Internationally Recognized Awards
– EB1 Green Card – National Award
– EB1 Green Card – Invited Membership
– EB1 Green Card – Published Material About You
– EB1 Green Card – Judging
– EB1 Green Card – Innovation
– EB1 Green Card – Published Scholarly Articles
– EB1 Green Card – Exhibitions and Showcases
– EB1 Green Card – Leading Critical Role
– EB1 Green Card – High Pay
– EB1 Green Card – Commercial Success
Watch These Testimonial Videos
O-1A Aliens of Extraordinary Ability (Execs/Managers)
[Also includes – Science, Education, Business and Athletics]
In this presentation series, we’re going to review the O-1A visa checklist of categories relating to Science, Education, Business and Athletics. Remember, we also have an O-1B visa video presentation series for professionals who work in the Arts and Motion Pictures / Entertainment Professionals. The EB1, O-1A and O-1B are visa types that challenge us to fit the right client with the right visa option for the alien of extraordinary ability and then submit all of the required evidence to prove the case. The interrogative standards between the EB1, O-1A and O-1B are not the same and thus it will not be until you have studied and practiced in all through areas that you will can a proficient level of competency in this area of immigration law, but we’ll get you there.
– Part 1 – O-1A Checklist
– Part 2 – O-1A Major Award Win
– Part 3 – O-1A Invited Membership
– Part 4 – O-1A Participation as a Judge
– Part 5 – O-1A Published Material About You
– Part 6 – O-1A Contribution of Major Significance
– Part 7 – O-1A Published Scholarly Articles
– Part 8 – O-1A Critical or Essential Capacity
– Part 9 – O-1A High Salary
O-1B Aliens of Extraordinary Ability in
Arts and Motion Pictures
When ever you’re dealing with actors, models, directors and other professionals working in the arts then this is the go to checklist series for consideration. The interrogatives here finely tailored for professionals working in the arts. In some cases, you may also fine that by comparing and contrasting the O-1A and O-1B options some professionals may straddle either the O-1A or O-1B options, for example a highly success fashion photographer or director may fit neatly into either option.
– Part 1 – O-1B Visa Checklist
– Part 2 – O-1B Visa – Major Award Nomination or Win
– Part 3 – O-1B Visa – Leading or Starring Role
– Part 4 – O-1B Visa – Recognition for Achievements
– Part 5 – O-1B Visa – Organizational Critical Role
– Part 6 – O-1B Visa – Critical Acclaim
– Part 7 – O-1B Visa – Recognition from Critics
– Part 8 – O1B Visa – High Salary or Remuneration
– Part 9 – O1B Visa – Other Comparable Evidence
Watch These Testimonials
National Interest Waiver – NIW (Green Card)
The National Interest Waiver is basically built a completely different set of interrogatories than for Aliens of Extraordinary Ability, instead and in part they are built around the standard of Exceptional Ability. Extraordinary Ability and Exceptional Ability are legal terms of art in that within this legal context these terms have very specific meanings. Exceptional ability is legally a lower standard of ability than Extraordinary Ability.
USCIS has created this lower standard of Exceptional Ability to enable specific people whom Congress have decided should qualify for green card status as this lower bar if it can proved than in doing so their presence would be of benefit to the National Interest.
The following video presentation sets out how you can make you determination as to whether the NIW option is viable for them.
Remember, that all of this basic videos have been created for visitors to the website to give them this unique opportunity to be educated in what are often highly complexed immigration legal principles in a very easy to understand format. It’s great for new lawyers to also get inducted this way into the field.
– Part 1 – National Interest Waiver
– Part 2 – National Interest Waiver
– Part 3 – National Interest Waiver
– Part 4 – National Interest Waiver
– Part 5 – National Interest Waiver
– Part 6 – National Interest Waiver
– Part 7 – National Interest Waiver
– Part 8 – National Interest Waiver
– Part 9 – National Interest Waiver
Immigration Processing Center (IPC) Course
The Immigration Processing Center (IPC) is an online case management platform that enables clients to access their own case file and upload their documents. Also, we can communicate with the clients through the IPC and provide them with instructions and guidance about their case. Indeed we also use the IPC to host training videos for staff and clients alike. The IPC is currently being upgraded and we hope to have an updated version in 2016.
– Part 1 – IPC – Logging In
– Part 2 – IPC – Client Information
– Part 3 – IPC – Video Guides and Visa Guides
– Part 4 – IPC – Case Overview and Fees
– Part 5 – IPC – Prep Docs: Financials
– Part 6 – IPC – Client Table of Contents 1 of 3
– Part 7 – IPC – Client Table of Contents 2 of 3
– Part 8 – IPC – Client Table of Contents 3 of 3
– Part 9 – IPC – Petition Documents Table of Contents
– Part 10 – IPC – Filed Cases
– Part 11 – IPC – All Docs
– Part 12 – IPC – Client Emails 1 of 2
– Part 13 – IPC – Client Emails 2 of 2
P Visas – The Arts, Sports and Culture
The P visa was created to provide opportunities for aliens primarily performing as a group and not individually to tour in the US. The P visa, like it’s big brother, the O1 visa, was also created by the Immigration and Nationality Act of 1990. In addition to covering performing and fine artists, the P1 also covers athletes.
EB1-2 Green Cards for Outstanding Professors and Researchers
The EB-1-2 is available to outstanding Professors and Researchers, and typically these applicants will be working at the very top of their profession at a university or in some public or private prestigious research facility. Most universities have a hierarchical structure and at the top of that pyramid are the Tenured Professors and Associate Tenured Professors.
EB2 Green Cards – Advanced Degree Graduates
EB3 Green Cards – For Skilled Workers and Graduates
I’ve put together this video series to walk you step-by-step through the process so that you can see where the EB3 green card could fit in your overall US immigration strategy. In some cases, if you have a BA degree, it may be worth considering going for an MA degree, often times this will open up more opportunities for you and can speed up your journey towards green card status. Whether you get your green card through marriage, through having a BA or MA at the end of the day as long as you’re able to secure a green card that is the main thing.
– EB3 Green Card Part 1 of 4 – Skilled Workers and Graduates
– EB3 Green Card Part 2 of 4 – Skilled Workers and Graduates
– EB3 Green Card Part 3 of 4 – Skilled Workers and Graduates
– EB3 Green Card Part 4 of 4 – Skilled Workers and Graduates
F1 Student Visas
F1 and M1 student visas are fantastic because from the student visa an alien can follow a path all the way to US citizenship. For example, regardless of age as long as you have some drive and a long-term vision to make the US your home, starting out as a student is certainly the very best way forward. To become a student all you need is the mind to study hard, and the funds to cover the cost of the course. As soon as you have completed your first year of college you may be eligible for a work permit to help you fund the second year.
The H-1B visa is a temporary work visa for BA graduates and for non-graduate professionals and skilled workers who have at least 12 years experience in their field. The H-1B visa is the most popular employment US visa for non-immigrants.
When initially granted, the H-1B is issued for three years, and can be issued for a further three years thereafter. Also, if you have a pending green card through employment that was filed before the 5th anniversary of your H-1B, your H-1B can be extended beyond the six- year limit.
Fiancee and Marriage
These videos cover the basic ways US Citizens can bring in their spouse or fiancee into the US to live through the Green Card by Marriage programs.
E1 Treaty Trader Visa
In essence, the E1 visa is a visa that facilitates trade between the US and your home country. The E1 visa will enable you to relocate to the US in order to better manage the flow of trade. In contrast to the E2 Treaty Investor visa, there is no requirement to create jobs instead the requirement is to demonstrate that substantial trade can be established between the two nations. Another amazing benefit of the E1 visa is that your spouse will be able to qualify for a work permit so that they can pursue their own career.
– Part 1 – E1 Treaty Trader – Introduction
– Part 2 – E1 Treaty Trader – Trader Eligibility
– Part 3 – E1 Treaty Trader – Trade?
– Part 4 – E1 Treaty Trader – Substantial Trade?
– Part 5 – E1 Treaty Trader – Spouse
– Part 6 – E1 Treaty Trader – Green Card / Retirement
– Part 7 – E1 Treaty Trader – Renewals
– Part 8 – E1 Treaty Trader – Summary
E2 Treaty Investment Visa
In essence, the E2 investment visa allows aliens to invest in the American Dream by starting a business that will create new American jobs or they can buy an existing business that will sustain and hopefully create even more American jobs. Having aliens bring their investment dollars to America in order to create jobs is great for the American economy. As you can imagine, the need for energetic job creators has never been greater. The vast majority of your leads will become E2 Treaty investment Clients, however, as you learn about the other immigration options you will be begin to see why this option is often the most viable one.
– E2 Visa: Basic Concept
– E2 Visa: Investor Eligibility
– E2 Visa: Family Employment Issues
– E2 Visa: Making a “Substantial” Investment
– E2 Visa: Finding the Right Business
– E2 Visa: Retirement Options
– E2 Visa – Visa Renewal
– E2 Visa – Summary
L-1A Visa and L-1B Visa Intracompany Transfer Visas
– Part 1: L-1A and L-1B Intra-Company Transferee
– Part 2: L-1A and L-1B Intra-Company Transferee
– Part 3: L-1A and L-1B Intra-Company Transferee
– Part 4: L-1A and L-1B Intra-Company Transferee
– Part 5: L-1A and L-1B Intra-Company Transferee
– Part 6: L-1A and L-1B Intra-Company Transferee
E2 Visa Business Services LLC
In 2014 we created a sister company called E2VisaBusinessServices.com (EVS) for short.
The purpose of this company was so that we could take on non-law firm work that complimented the Law Firm. For example: –
With our E2 Business Finder Service client can hire us to find them a business. When you think about it, the bulk of our clients reside outside the US so working with a business broker on an 8-hour time difference can be very difficult for both parties.
Many of our clients need help preparing a Business Plan for their E2 visa. There are all types and styles of Business Plan, and each one varies depending on the purpose for which it will be used. Even though we have a great video tutorial series to guide people step by step through writing a business plan, some client would prefer to have us do it for them.
Through our relationship with LegalZoom, we can set up an incorporation for a client with relative ease.
The whole purpose of EVS is assist clients put an entire E2 visa case together. As an Immigration only law firm we do cannot legal represent clients for non-immigration matters in every state. EVS allows us to take on these additional tasks outside but inside the law firm.
EB5 $500K – $1 Mil Investment – Green Card
The US government understands that there is a certain class of wealthy aliens that must be afforded a fast track pathway to green card status. The EB5 green card is that way. In essence, for investors who have $500K (Possibly rising to $800K) to invest into a federally registered development scheme they can upon investment apply for green card status.
22 – EB5 Green Card
End of Basic Training Videos
Specific Case Worker / Client Support Training Videos
These are the videos you will need to study that are specific to your particular job.
(1) Practical Exercises –