Law Offices of Chris M. Ingram

Part 4: Self-Sponsorship

Part 1   Part 2   Part 3   Part 4  Part 5


Part 4: Self-Sponsorship Based Immigration Options

Welcome back to our US Immigration relocation series.

Let’s talk about the E2 Investment Visa

Many of our clients are between 35-50 and most of them are homeowners with a substantial amount of equity tied up in their own home. This equity could be released to buy or start up a small business in the US for around $100,000 – $250,000. Higher amounts can be invested.

The goal of the E2 visa is to address two very important issues. Firstly, some aliens who wish to come to the US don’t have any family to sponsor them and are unable to find any employer to hire them. Secondly, these aliens may or may not have the required Bachelors degree to consider the H-1B graduate visa as an option. The E2 visa gives them the option to by-pass these obstacles and in effect sponsor themselves. Please see our Business Investor and E2 links on our website to learn a lot more about this option.

Let’s talk again about the EB1 green card option for gifted and nationally acclaimed aliens.

We have clients who have been very successful in their career to date. Some of them have won national awards, some have been published in trade press, and overall earn in excess of $150,000 (or equivalent). US Immigration have set up a program where, based on the alien having won one major international award, or from a list of ten categories can satisfy three of them, they may be eligible for a green card.

Over the years we have established a successful record in winning these cases.  Many of our clients had been told by other lawyers that their case was impossible, only for them to come to us and we win the case for them. Our success in these cases is really based on two key factors. Firstly, once we accept a case into our program we work the categories intensively. Secondly, we build a partnership with our clients so they understand that they have to work extremely hard in gathering and developing the documentation we need to present them in the best light to Immigration.

See our EB1 library of resources on our website to get more information, then contact us so we can analyze your individual case.  When you do contact us make sure you tell us which of the categories you think are of most interest.

Let’s talk about the F1 student visa.

The F1 student visa is another self-sponsored option. For many of our clients the student visa is the very first step towards US citizenship. Again, it’s a great option, but not without its challenges. To be honest, pursuing the American Dream is all about overcoming challenges and obstacles.

In order to qualify for a student visa you need to apply to an American College or University and be accepted. Once you have a student visa, you cannot work during your first year, but you may be able to work from your second year onwards if you can prove hardship. Once you’ve graduated you will be able to apply for a one-year work permit, which is like having a one-year green card since you can take a job anywhere.

During that year your number one mission must be to secure the kind of employment that could lead to a H-1B graduate visa that in turn could lead to your green card.

In the next presentation, we wrap up this series with some final thoughts and ideas to help you.

Immigration Law Offices of Chris M. Ingram

Immigration Law Offices of Chris M. Ingram

US Immigration Law Offices of Chris M. Ingram
Chris M. Ingram LL.M., ESQ – Immigration Attorney
Admitted in New York.
Practice Specializing in US Immigration Law
401 Wilshire Boulevard, 12th Floor,
Santa Monica,
California 90401
Tel: 310 496 4292

Everyday the Law Offices of Chris M. Ingram provides a comprehensive range of US Immigration expertise. We also provide a free consultation for our prospective clients.

Please note that nothing contained in this website or link therefrom shall be regarded as providing legal advice. Please contact us directly for legal advice specific to your situation. Thank You.

Specializing in the E2 Visa, EB1 Green Card, L-1A Visa and O1 Visa and K1 Visa Marriage-Based Immigration. Attorney Chris M. Ingram is dedicated to providing the very best in US Immigration legal representation. Enjoy our website.

Important Notice: Please note that all videos created by the Law Offices of Chris M. Ingram are intended as general information only and not specific legal advice pertaining your case. If you would like specific legal advice on any immigration matter please do not hesitate to contact this law office accordingly. All pictorial images used in these videos and the website in general are licensed stocked images and not portraits, or otherwise, of anyone from the Law Offices of Chris M. Ingram, nor of its clients unless otherwise indicated by name. All images are used solely for illustrative purposes only. Copyright 2010-2015 All Rights Reserved.