Law Offices of Chris M. Ingram

EB3 Green Card Introduction

Part 1 – Part 2 – Part 3Part 4

Home / Employment Home Page / Approvals Gallery

Click Here to Watch Video With Matching Transcript

Part 1 – EB3 Green Card

Welcome to the Law Offices of Chris M. Ingram. We’re delighted you’ve joined us for our video presentation series on the EB3 Green Card.

You may or may not know that there are several classifications of green cards.  All green cards provide the same level of benefit – the right to live in the US permanently. However, there are a variety of ways you can qualify for a green card.  Green cards are classified in categories. For example: –

EB1 Green Card – For Aliens of Extraordinary Ability

EB2 Green Card – For Aliens with Advanced Degrees

EB3 Green Card – For Aliens with two years of professional training or academic education

                        Or – For Aliens with a Bachelors Degree or equivalent

In this presentation we’re going to focus on the EB3 green card.

In order to secure an EB3 green card we have to work through several elements: –

– Firstly, you must have the minimum level of education –
– – Two Years Professional Training, and/or
– – Two Years Academic Education, and/or
– – A Bachelors Degree

– Secondly, you must secure employment for a job that requires your particular skill set.

– Thirdly, the employer must be unable to fill the vacancy with an American.

– Fourthly, there must be green cards available from the annual quota of EB3 green cards provided.

EB3 Green Card – Professional Training / Education

Professional Training

When we talk about professional training, we’re really talking about skilled workers. Skilled workers like electricians, carpenters, mechanics, gas workers, contractors and so forth, often have to undergo several years of training in order to become licensed to work.  The most common structure of training is the apprenticeship. Many apprenticeships last up to five years and involve regular part-time attendance at a local college. In order to qualify for the EB3 green card, the expertise level for the job must require at least two years of professional training. Work experience alone (outside any formal apprenticeship and supplemental college program) would not be sufficient.

Education & Professional Training

There are many courses that are quite academic in nature but would also require a lot of ‘on- the-job’ professional training. The most commonly cited of these courses is the Registered Nurse (RN). Many two-year RN courses are being converted or developed into four-year Bachelors degrees, known as Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN).

There are also many levels of education leading towards becoming an Accountant or Master Technician, and many of these courses require a significant commitment above that of any two-year program.


There are some jobs that may be purely academic based and you simply must have a Bachelors degree as a minimum level of entry. For example, you simply cannot be a pharmacist, chemist, engineer or accountant unless you have a Bachelors degree in that field.

Ok – so far we’ve covered the first of the four elements. In the next presentation we’ll start by exploring the second element – securing a job that requires your particular skill set at the EB3 green card level.


Immigration Law Offices of Chris M. Ingram

Immigration Law Offices of Chris M. Ingram

US Immigration Law Offices of Chris M. Ingram
Chris M. Ingram LL.M., ESQ – Immigration Attorney
Admitted in New York.
Practice Specializing in US Immigration Law
401 Wilshire Boulevard, 12th Floor,
[Cross Streets 4th and Wilshire]
Santa Monica,
California 90401
Tel: 310 496 4292

Everyday the Law Offices of Chris M. Ingram provides a comprehensive range of US Immigration expertise. We also provide a free consultation for our prospective clients.

Please note that nothing contained in this website or link therefrom shall be regarded as providing legal advice. Please contact us directly for legal advice specific to your situation. Thank You.

Specializing in the E2 Visa, EB1 Green Card, L-1A Visa and O1 Visa and K1 Visa Marriage-Based Immigration. Attorney Chris M. Ingram is dedicated to providing the very best in US Immigration legal representation. Enjoy our website.

Important Notice: Please note that all videos created by the Law Offices of Chris M. Ingram are intended as general information only and not specific legal advice pertaining your case. If you would like specific legal advice on any immigration matter please do not hesitate to contact this law office accordingly. All pictorial images used in these videos and the website in general are licensed stocked images and not portraits, or otherwise, of anyone from the Law Offices of Chris M. Ingram, nor of its clients unless otherwise indicated by name. All images are used solely for illustrative purposes only. Copyright 2010-2015 All Rights Reserved.

Comments on this entry are closed.